At Evergreen our Curriculum has a focus on rigorous and structured teaching of the National Curriculum’s key skills, which take place throughout school, every day. In relation to the changes and expectations in the 2014 National Curriculum, we has developed a bespoke programme. This engaging curriculum facilitates teachers in delivering high quality lessons and assess how far children have understood age-related subject content across all curriculum subjects.
The curriculum is underpinned by the Bloom’s Taxonomy Theory, which uses questioning to develop, secure and deepen understanding of age-related subject content. We have also embedded Islamic concepts, Equality, PSHE and British values into the curriculum. (See curriculum map).
By adopting this whole-school approach to teaching across our school, we aim:
- To enable children to deepen their understanding of age-related subject content.
- To give children the knowledge and skills they require becoming effective, lifelong learners in modern Britain and the wider world.
- To provide an inclusive education where every child is capable of anything.
- To support teachers in delivering high quality lessons which allow all children to succeed
- To deliver an engaging and thought-provoking curriculum, which promotes children’s wellbeing and involvement in all subject areas.
- To learn from each other, through the adoption of a collaborative approach to teaching and learning.
- To nurture Islamic principles in order they grow up as moral law abiding loving citizens.
For more information please read the Curriculum Teaching and learning policy